Camp 22, North Korea
The notorious Hoeryong Concentration Camp, which has gained international attention in 2012 after its warden defected to China, was an isolated prison for political prisoners and has been in operation since 1965. A large compound that holds 50,000 prisoners, it was claimed that three generations of dissident families have been imprisoned there to completely remove the ‘roots.’ In addition, the death camp has subjected inmates to extreme torture and human experimentation where they become lab rats for biological weapons like anthrax, bomb testing, and other brutalities.
• 30 July 2014 • 70 notes
Reverse dog shaming. [x]
Somewhere my cat is shaming me for letting him see the bottom of the bowl on multiple occasions
• 30 July 2014 • 21,749 notes
I think I am on to something in this window, and yes I have spent the majority of the day naked in my room.
• 30 July 2014 • 143 notes
Ilustrations by the incredible Carol Rossetti check her out and follow her here! http://carolrossettidesign.tumblr.com/
these are better than cute pastel sticker slogans by far imo
• 30 July 2014 • 212,307 notes
previously unseen photos of Miss Jennette
from the very shoot in my flower series from back in February of this year:
my instagram: insuh4 / hers: missjennettek
• 30 July 2014 • 325 notes
This needs more notes ._.
Here I am reblogging this from myself because I think everyone who breathes needs to see it and MAKE IT STOP.
This is a joke. He interviews people and makes jokes. Calm your feministic self down.
Get out. If you honestly think that, I want you to unfollow me right now.
That guy isn’t joking, and if he is, its a god awful joke, and has no right to be supported. If he’s joking, then its an example of institutionalized misogyny in comedy that has been built up over the years and decades past, and it is not acceptable.
I am uncomfortable with those jokes, and I’m a GUY. It isn’t ok to do to ANYBODY, let alone people who are trying to enjoy a convention and cosplay a character they like. This is disgusting and shit like this needs to stop, from all angles, even someone trying to make a shitty joke.
Women are not objects, and they should not be treated as such.
If you think this guy is funny for doing that, and if you honestly think I need to calm down for being “feministic” in this issue, then you need to unfollow me, because I have no intention of stopping. And now that you’ve drawn attention to yourself with this, I highly suggest you don’t bring it up again.
In fact, I recommend you take a good long look at yourself. Take a look at how you are treated, and how other people around you are treated. If you think this is comedic and funny, you need to check yourself, because its not. If you think joking about women in such a way that demeans them and objectifies them, you need to check yourself.
And above all else, if you think someone standing up for equality of women and the cessation of this shitty behavior from EVERYONE, not just this comedian, warrants someone like YOU telling that person to “calm [their] feministic self down”, then you need to reconsider your priorities in life.
(Source: marlene, via passionatelydismantled)
• 29 July 2014 • 242,809 notes
She just stared for the longest time.
OMG…I love this. This is important.
v important! representation matters more than words can express
but this picture about sums it up :)
(Source: milasphynxe, via passionatelydismantled)
• 29 July 2014 • 20,333 notes
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her.
Rape prevention tips
Posted by Leigh Hofheimer under Prevention
(Source: esmre, via passionatelydismantled)
• 29 July 2014 • 214,361 notes